Taking a leisurely morning stroll through a farmer’s market is one of our favorite summer activities. Fresh cut flowers line rows of veggies, teasing our senses with their bright colors and fresh-from-the-farm aroma. So when we return home with a bag full of fresh, seasonal produce, we can’t wait to throw together one of our favorite summer dishes—a quick and delicious roasted potato salad. Delicious with lunch or at your next backyard barbecue, this traditional side is sure to please a crowd.
Farmer’s Market Roasted Potato Salad
Servings: 8Print Recipe
- 2 lbs. assorted fingerling or baby potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 4 Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® Kosher Dill Spears, chopped PLUS 2 tablespoons brine and ¼ cup vegetables from jar
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss potatoes with olive oil and place in shallow roasting pan. Season with half the salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place hot potatoes on top of arugula in a large bowl; let stand.
- Meanwhile, blend mayonnaise, pickles, shallot, parsley, remaining salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add to potatoes and toss to coat. Chop vegetables from jar and sprinkle on top.
- Serve warm or refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply