Finish a jar of pickles? Whatever you do, don’t dump that brine! With all of those delicious herbs and spices melding together, pickle brine is a go-to ingredient to brighten a dish. Use it to add zing to potato salad, spice up a marinade, or add punch to vinaigrette. Try it on our summer herb salad below, and you’ll never toss leftover brine again.
Summer Herb Salad with Roasted Beets, Arugula, and Feta Cheese
Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup pickle brine from jar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, basil, oregano, tarragon and/or cilantro
- 1 bag ( 6 oz.) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup celery leaves (optional)
- 4 beets, roasted, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes*
- ¼ crumbled feta cheese
- Vegetables from jar of Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® Dill Halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® Dill Halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange arugula, celery leaves, beets, pickles, vegetables and feta in salad bowl. Toss with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Save time and purchase cooked and peeled beets readily found in the produce department.
Leave a Reply