As summer heats up, we love to have a few lighter recipes up our sleeve for nights when ribs and wings seem like a little much. For us, our go-to alternative is often fresh grilled seafood.
And the perfect pair for seafood? Homemade tarter sauce. Whipping up a batch is easy, and a simple sauce makes all the difference. Try our three-ingredient recipe with anything from fish tacos to barbecued shrimp skewers. With three deliciously simple variations, there’s a recipe for every occasion.
Tartar Sauce 3 Ways
Servings: Makes about 1 cupPrint Recipe
To make 1 variation
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped Vlasic® Farmer’s Garden® Kosher Dill Spears
- ¼ cup vegetables from the pickle jar, finely chopped
Tuscan Tartar: Stir in 2 Tbsp. Wish-Bone Italian dressing and 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil leaves.
South-of-the Border: Stir in 2 tsp. brine from the pickle jar, 2 green onions, chopped and ¼ tsp. chipotle powder.
Thai Tartar: 1 Tbsp. green or red chili sauce, 2 tsp. lime juice and 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro.
- Combine mayonnaise, pickles and vegetables in medium bowl.
- Stir in variations. Chill until ready to use.
- Serve with cooked shrimp, fish sticks, spread on fish sandwiches and with crab cakes too!
Leave a Reply