Braised Pork Belly Canapés
- 6-8 oz. pork belly
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz.) apple juice
- Tooth picks
- 1 jar Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® Zesty Garlic Chips, PLUS vegetables from jar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Season pork belly with salt and ground black pepper Or use your favorite rub.
- In an oven proof skillet, place pork belly skin side down and turn heat to low-medium. Cook pork 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes .
- Add onion, garlic and apple juice to pan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove pan from heat and cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake 2 hours or until pork is fork tender. Remove from oven; let cool.
- To serve, slice pork into 1/-inch pieces and arrange on pickle chips. Arrange carrot and pepper pieces (from jar) on pork and secure with toothpicks.