Today we have a bit of a summer staple recipe for you, our Creamy Potato Salad. We added some super filling hard-boiled eggs for protein. Ideal for when you only have enough time to make one side, this simple side dish won’t take too much time to make, and will yield a really delicious result. Our recipe has just the perfect proportion of mayo to potato, so things don’t get too mayo-y (if you know what I am saying). That just ruins potato salads. We used Farmers Garden by Vlasic Pickle chips diced up to give this salad some crunch, as well as some chives and shallots for a little edge.
Guys, this is really the perfect potato salad for summer. Be sure to pick up a coupon for $1 off Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic to whip up this recipe for your next backyard get together. Enjoy!
Creamy Potato Salad
Servings: 5 to 7Print Recipe
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, washed
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickle chips (5 to 7)
- 3 tablespoons diced shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure cane sugar (granulated is fine)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Place potatoes into a large pot. Boil potatoes in generously salted water until fork tender, then drain.
- Transfer 1/3 of the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash until creamy.
- Once remaining potatoes are cool enough to handle, quarter and add to the bowl of mashed potatoes.
- Add boiled eggs, pickles, shallots, chives, oregano, salt, and pepper to the bowl and gently fold together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and pour into the potato mixture.
- Fold dressing into the potato mixture until completely combined.
- Cover and place mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Remove from refrigerator, adjust seasoning and serve.
Leave a Reply