At Farmer’s Garden, we love getting a little creative with classic recipes. Our family has enjoyed traditional meatloaf since Joseph Vlasic’s generation, and now we’re sharing our favorite twist on this comfort food classic. This recipe is made with crunchy Kosher dill spears and sharp cheddar for an unexpected yet delicious bite!
Dill Pickle Stuffed Meatloaf
Servings: 8Print Recipe
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- ¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Vlasic® Farmers Garden® Kosher Dill Spears, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, egg and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl.
- Form half the meat mixture into loaf, with flat top. Lay pickles down center and top with cheese. Top with remaining meat mixture, pinching edges to seal and form into a loaf.
- Brush top with barbecue sauce.
- Bake 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 160°F. Let stand before slicing.
Leave a Reply