Gearing up for the ultimate Memorial Day bash this weekend? We sure have! And over the past few days, we featured some must haves for an unforgettable Memorial Day brunch including Bloody Mary thought-starters and Breakfast Sausage Sandwiches. This next recipe from How to Simplify takes us to the lighter side with a bright strawberry and walnut summer salad. After all, every good brunch deserves a standout salad.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s final post! We’ve got a surprisingly delicious pairing of bacon and pickles.
Summer Strawberry & Walnut Salad
Servings: 4-5Print Recipe
- 1 package of fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pint of strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Toss the spinach, strawberry slices, walnuts, and cranberries in a bowl.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the salad together with the dressing.
Leave a Reply