Cool weather tends to lure us towards richer, heavier fare, so why not brighten things up with light and healthy pickled shrimp bites? This Southern-inspired hors d’oeuvre is as satisfying as it is savory, and great for everything from casual to elegant events.
Pickled Shrimp Bites
Servings: Makes 18 appetizersPrint Recipe
- ½ cup brine from pickle jar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 slices lemon
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tsp. tri-color or black peppercorns (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetables from the jar, very finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 18 cooked medium shrimp (if desired, tails removed)
- 1 container (5.3 oz.) goat cheese
- 18 Vlasic® Farmer’s Garden® Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley leaves
- Finely grated lemon peel
- Combine pickle brine, lemon juice, lemon slices, sugar, peppercorns and thyme in shallow bowl (or canning jar). Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Blend goat cheese with vegetables from the jar in small bowl.
- To serve, dollop goat cheese mixture on pickle chips and top each with shrimp. Garnish with lemon peel and parsley leaves.
Leave a Reply