Hot dogs rank fairly high on our list of ultimate summer foods. A juicy frank packed in a golden, toasted bun piled high with ketchup, mustard and sweet relish — we’re getting hungry just thinking about it! And to kick it up a notch, we’re mixing up our hot dog toppings with a zesty summer relish made of sweet corn, black beans and a little tang from Farmer’s Garden Bread and Butter Chips. Try this relish on tacos, too!
Summer Dog Relish
Servings: Serves 8 (makes about 2 cups relish)Print Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Vlasic® Farmers Garden® Bread and Butter Chips, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegetables from jar, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and cook corn and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add beans and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pickles, vegetables from the jar and cilantro.
- Serve warm or room temperature over frankfurters.
Also terrific served over grilled steaks, chicken or salmon.
Leave a Reply