These zesty hummus canapés are a great way to impress your friends at your next party. They are small enough to eat in one bite, but pack a punch of flavor with garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander and tahini.
Use with your favorite pre-made hummus or whip up your own, and then simple spread on your bread and garnish with Farmer’s Garden Garlic Chips and veggies from the jar for a flavorful hors d’oeuvre.
Zesty Hummus Canapé
Servings: about 16 hors d’oeuvresPrint Recipe
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 4 slices toasted white or whole wheat bread
- Melted butter (optional)
- 1 jar Vlasic® Farmer’s Garden™ Zesty Garlic Chips , drained (Reserve vegetables from jar and chop)
- Blend all Hummus ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a small cookie cutter, cut bread into rounds. If desired, brush lightly with butter.
- To serve, top bread rounds with hummus and garnish with pickles and reserved vegetables.
No time to make tahini from scratch? Substitute store-bought hummus!
Leave a Reply